One of the project results was the scientific publication. The book was presented to the public in spring 2015, during book presentations held in Vienna Sarajevo, Tuzla and Banja Luka.
The book “After the traces of our neighbors: Jews in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Holocaust” contains valuable information about Jewish neighborhoods in Bosnia and Herzegovina, by a great part, lost in the Holocaust. It also gives an insight into Jewish history of this country, Jewish material and non-material heritage irretrievably lost in the Holocaust, in particular in fifteen towns in Bosnia and Herzegovina (Banja Luka, Bihać, Bijeljina, Derventa, Gračanica, Kladanj, Mostar, Rogatica, Sarajevo, Travnik, Tuzla, Vlasenica, Zavidovići, Zenica, and Zvornik), from both state entities, emphasizing the important Bosnian-Herzegovinian institution of neighborhood (“komšiluk” in Bosnian).
– Authors of the book: scientific researchers DI Mag. Anisa Hasanhodžić and prof. hist. Rifet Rustemović
– Scientific advisor: Dr. Heidemarie Uhl, project director
– Book publisher (both editions): Institute for History, Sarajevo
– For the publisher: Prof. Dr. Husnija Kamberović, director of the Institute for History
– Book editor (both editions): Dr. Vera Katz, Institute for History, Sarajevo
– Layout and technical support: Affan Šikalo and Adnan Tinjić
The book was published in two editions: Bosnian and English.
Book format: B5.
Print run, each edition: 500.
Number of pages (Bosnian edition): 433, (English edition): 447.
The book was not for sale. It was distributed among the visitors at the book presentations, project partners, and neverthelles, sent to the cultural and educational institutions in Bosnia and Herzegovina and neighboring countries, Austria and worldwide, with the aim to contribute to the worldwide remembrance of the Jewish Holocaust victims from Bosnia and Herzegovina and future research in this field.
The list of places where the book “After the traces of our neighbors: Jews in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the Holocaust” can be found here (this list will be updated).
For further information please contact the book authors via the website contact form.